Thursday, December 20, 2012

Little Bitty Brugge

After planning a $30 flight to Brussels for 2 nights, I was told I HAD to go see Brugge while I was in Belgium. So an extra hour train ride seemed like an okay addition to the weekend. It was a good decision. The entire city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is also nick named the Venice of the north, as it is full of gorgeous water canals. We got lost on the way to the hostel, but it didn't even bother us because everything was just so beautiful to look at! About 99% of all the buildings I saw had this style roof.
Christmas celebrations were in full swing here, with multiple Christmas markets, ice skating, and street decorations. I enjoyed watching the ice skaters fall. We kept wandering around and found several large wind mills that looked hundreds of years old. Lots of churches and canals of course. Learn more about Brugge here.
Night time was just as spectacular as daytime. Notice the swans!


No comments:

Post a Comment