Thursday, May 24, 2012

Winnipeg (backtrack 08/2011 )



I created this blog so that I could keep a record of all my travel adventures, and I have been SLACKING big time. I am about to leave for another journey on Monday, and figured I should catch up on all the stuff I have done over the past year.  Before I left North Dakota, I took a trip up to Winnipeg Canada, because I felt like it. Not many people with me had passports, and the people that did weren't interested, so I went solo.
I just went up one Sunday afternoon and basically wandered around. The welcome center across the boarder was very helpful and gave me maps and suggestions of places to go.  I spent a lot of time at "The Forks" which is were 3 rivers meet at a fork. There's lots of shopping and parks and fancy buildings there.
They even had an official pow pow with local Indians going on.After that I walked to this area that was basically Chinatown but for the French. It had cool architecture, but all the signs were in French so I didn't stay long. I walk downtown to the Parliament building and then enjoy an outdoor concert on the greenway. All in all it was a nice afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment