Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spring Break Pt.2 (backtrack 03/2012)

For the second half of my Spring Break I was able to take a trip to visit my Sister, Amy, in Arizona! (Early birthday present from my parents!!!) I flew out Wednesday in time for a dinner in Phoenix with my sister, her best friend Denise and her husband Ben. The next day Amy had to work, so I slept in, relaxed in the sun and read my book. When Amy got home we had a cook out with Speidies and roasted veggies. After a dip in the hot tub, we called it a night. Friday Amy took off work so we could go hiking in Sedona (above and below). There were so many neat rock formations, and a nice loop trail for us to follow. We stopped to climb several of the large rocks which gave us a spectacular view. 

Saturday the four of us took a trip to the Arizona Science Center, which was pretty awesome. Ben and Denise got a little bored after awhile, but Amy and I had a great time and made sure we didn't miss a thing in the whole place. After that, we took a drive over to the University that Amy works at, Grand Canyon University. I got to see her office, and some of the other buildings on campus, as well as a street dance competition going on haha. We headed over to an authentic Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was excellent. Later on we had some frozen yogurt at Yogurtology, where you build your own flavor/toppings. Of course we had to take some pictures with the cactus :) It was a great way to spend the second half of my break, and I enjoyed seeing my sister very much. I can't wait to go back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment